It is becoming increasingly difficult to spot differences between legitimate and scam emails. The pandemic has seen a surge in phishing emails and messages.
People are more vulnerable due to several factors including an increase in online shopping and working from home, outside of an organisations infrastructure.
Be vigilant! Phishing techniques are ever more sophisticated and more difficult to spot. However, there are telltale signs that you and your staff should always be wary of:
- The sender’s email address – Does it look like it belongs to the apparent sender
- Clicking on a link – Be aware of the domain it is linking to
- Payment requests you are not expecting.
- Double-check before transferring large expected amounts. People purchasing properties have been spoofed into paying the entire sum for a house to the wrong account.
- Any request for personal details, bank or password details.
91% of successful data breaches start with a spear-phishing attack. People are the weakest link. With the proper training, you can turn that around and make your workforce your first line of defence. A human firewall.
Provention is the best cure! Contact us for more information on a comprehensive staff testing and training program.